When next you login to Workspace you’ll see we’ve released an upgrade that makes major changes to the price list and shopping cart features.
Largely these come from listening to your feedback as users, but we also need to change the way we handle taxes in Workspace at both the wholesale and retail level.
We are sincerely grateful to our “early adopters”, and we’re sure you’ll like the changes – read on! – but if you’re already using these features you may need to edit your price lists, so this is an important heads-up.
1. You can now sell a range of Queensberry books and albums through Workspace. You set the price yourself, but we do all the work (dialogue with the client, album sign-off, design and fulfillment).
2. With certain exceptions, there is now NO COMMISSION on self-fulfilled print product sales. Payment will be made directly into your own Paypal account, not Workspace’s (please enter your Paypal account details in Workspace Shopping Cart Set-up).
3. If you’re selling Workspace products (instead of self-fulfillment) we will now charge commission on YOUR PROFIT ONLY (ie the difference between your selling price and the wholesale cost), not the entire retail price. Commission will apply to the full retail price of digital downloads, as there is no wholesale cost to deduct.
4. You can now add shipping charges, Sales Tax, VAT or GST on your local retail sales. Workspace helps you set up this up, but you must account for all taxes due to the authorities yourself.
5. Where necessary we will also add VAT or GST to your Workspace wholesale purchases (eg albums, print products etc).
6. If you’re offering Workspace-fulfilled products, Workspace will now automatically generate prices for other regions by taking your “local” profit and adding to it the applicable wholesale cost, plus freight, in other regions – and display that price to retail customers in their currency, wherever in the world they are. So an Aussie photographer can shoot a wedding down under and make sales to the family and friends back in the States or UK, no problem!
7. You will need a Pro or Pro+ Plan to use self-fulfillment. You will also need a Pro or Pro+ Plan if you want to offer free digital downloads. If you are offering these on your current Free or Basic Plan (a few people are) your client will receive a message to say the price list is out of date – please contact the photographer.
8. If your price list includes self-fulfilled items, Workspace-fulfilled products and/or digital downloads (it happens!) we will collect payment and charge commission on the entire order.
After checking we can see that some people will be affected by these changes, and we will contact them separately.
However we suggest that everyone already using the Workspace shopping cart go through and either review/edit their existing price lists, or create new ones.
If you have any questions, please email Tech Support.
There’s a lot more new in this release, but that’s enough for one post. We’ll blog about the rest soon.
Explore and enjoy!
If you like this post you’ll also like: