Studios who want to offer "everything Queensberry" have found our starter kits and treasure boxes very useful in the past, but increasingly the data tells us that • Sample Albums are far more effective sales tools, and • not everyone wants to offer all our materials or colours! In fact many studios show nothing but their samples, and offer alternatives only if they're asked.
Which is why we’ve redesigned our cover swatches and paper samplers to make them more affordable, and also more flexible — so you can show what you want to sell and nothing more. Read on for details …
1. We're replacing our treasure box with cover swatches for specific materials. Each type (eg micro leather) will be presented together on a mat that you can purchase individually. If you want to order all the materials we're offering an optional Pearl or Buckram Studio Box to keep them safe — perfect for your studio coffee table or to carry to client meetings (extra charge). Swatches are currently available for Contemporary Genuine Leathers, Classic Genuine Leathers, Micro Leathers, Buckrams, Faux Leathers, Japanese Bookbinding Silks. Those available "while stocks last" are not included.
2. We're discontinuing page samplers, and have been putting a lot of effort into showing our different book and album page types on the website instead. Again, experience is telling us that in practice you really need a sample to offer different page types successfully.
3. We're introducing Paper Samplers, which you can order now in Workspace. These are great tools to help you understand our different printing and paper stock options. A canvas sampler is coming soon. Meanwhile there are two sets, one for books and albums, and one for our other print products — boxes, frames and loose prints.
Book and Album Sampler: The six options include:
• Silver Halide Lustre photographic paper — available for all albums (matted; medium & heavy flushmount);
• Fine Art Paper inkjet-printed — for medium flushmount albums only;
• Tintoretto and Satin paper, six colour offset printed — for Q Book medium and all albums except Duo and Musée;
• Tintoretto and Satin paper, six colour offset printed both sides — for Q Book Light.
Note: The Q-Book Light samples are printed double-sided as they will appear in the product. In the finished products the other samples will be bound back-to-back to a core, forming a rigid page. Click here for a guide to page thicknesses: https://help.queensberry.com/page-weights
The cost is deductible up to 100% against your first book and album order. Shipping is charged extra unless ordered with another product.
Print Product Sampler (for all loose and matted prints, boxes and frames): the seven options include: Fine Art Paper, 200 gsm, inkjet-printed; Fine Art 100% cotton rag (smooth and textured), 310 gsm, inkjet-printed; Silver Halide photographic papers, lustre, metallic and glossy.
The cost is deductible up to 50% against your next order for these products. Shipping is charged extra unless ordered with another product.